Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fresh Croutons, Yum!

My first week with my new breadmaker has been great. I literally have to make one loaf per day because the whole family loves the bread. But they have not been eating the crusty ends of the bread. So tonight I decided to make these into fresh croutons. The result was fantastic! Now read how easy this is:

First, I cut up the bread into small squares and put them into a bowl:



Then, I drizzled some olive oil onto it:



Then I sprinkled in garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, and sage. I love sage, mmm.



Next, I spread it out on a pan and baked it at 375 for about 20 minutes. I didn't mean to leave them in so long but I forgot about them. Oops. They were still good. Probably 15 minutes would be ideal.



Here they are on a salad of baby spinach and mushrooms.



I may never buy boxed croutons again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment